Sunday, April 5, 2009

Thanks Everyone!!!

It's so hard to believe that Halley Grace has just celebrated with her first birthday party!  This time last year, we were a family of 3 eagerly waiting for our little princess to join us!  Chad and I can hardly remember what it was like before our precious angel arrived.

Thank you so much to all of our friends and family that came to celebrate our little girl's first year!  It means the world to us that you joined us!  Thanks also to everyone who brought a donation to CureSearch!  We were able to raise over $250 for such a worthy organization. Childhood cancer has really been weighing heavy on my heart for some time now.  I am thrilled that we will get to make this donation in Halley's name.  Maybe someday there will be a cure, and no child will ever have to battle such a horrible disease again.

I have been following the story of the Larson family for a while now.  They unfortunately lost their 5 year old son to cancer.  They have handled the whole ordeal with such grace and strength, and I plan to contact Mrs. Larson to let her know that her son's story inspired us to collect your donations at Halley's party.  If you would like to know more, the link to their carepage is:  http://www.carepages.com/carepages/ColemanScott.

They are an amazing family that we pray for daily.  Anyway, like I say, this has all been weighing on my heart and I am so glad that we are going to be a part (a small part, but it's a step!) of helping to find a cure.


THE BIRTHDAY GIRL!!!!

Wes with Uncle Brian...

Mommy and Halley before the party.

Halley with Aunt Barbara...

Adrienne and Jackson - how did I not catch his cute smile?  I've never seen a baby smile as much as Jackson!!!  And somehow, I didn't get a pic of Anastyn.  :(

Emily and Annabelle - with her killer smile!!!

Molly and Jevin, what a cutie!

It's my party and I'll sleep if I want to???
Halley had all the party she could take!!

Cousins Riley, Gracie, and Hayden...

Our sweet, sweet friends Hudson and Hana!

A great pic of my three!

Somebody never dreamed how much he would love a little girl!!!

Thanks everyone!  I know with 44 people in our small house, it was pretty wild!  Wes was so funny after all of his friends left!  He couldn't believe that "They left all my toys here for me!"  I think he really thought that all of the kids were going to take his toys home!!

We are so blessed to have such amazing family and friends to share such a special occasion with.  Thanks again for spending part of your afternoon with us!  We love you all!
 

4 comments:

Monica Curry said...

the cutest baby girl ever. i want to eat her with a spoon!!! love those eyes and cheeks!

Donnie and Lenzi Hart said...

I'm so sorry we missed it! Makenzi was pukey Friday and Saturday, I figured your kiddos (and guests) wouldn't enjoy that little present! It looks like she had a ball. I love, love, love the leopard and pink outfit. You always have her dressed so cute!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great party! I can't believe she is one!!!!

Anonymous said...

not sure about eating her with a spoon but I certainly want to eat her bet that pussy tastes sweet