Mom and Dad were in Scottsdale for a few days watching Spring Training games - the Cubs mostly! Weston wanted to call and check on them a couple of times and we caught them at Margaritaville one night having dinner. Mom told him all about the balloon hats that this restaurant made for all of the kids there. Weston's response: "Balloon hats....that's AMAZING!" Cracked me up! Where has he heard that? And he said it with perfect inflection in his voice!!! Before he got off the phone, he made sure to tell Grandma "Don't forget about meeeee!" Yeah, like she could sweet pea!!!!!
Weston now crawls on top of any counter he wants to. He pushes barstools, toys, or even step ladders over to whatever he wants, and just climbs right up. I was in another part of the house and Wes comes running in, so excited, holding a piece of mail. He is beaming and says "Look Mom! I got email!!!!!" A sign of the times????
Standing in line at Target.... Kids are honest! You can't do anything about it! Sometimes that honesty can be pretty embarrassing! While standing in line, a man is waiting behind us. There can be some pretty rough looking people at Target, you know. Weston starts (almost) yelling "Mom, go, go, go! " I (not very smartly) ask him why, and he answers "That man hind you is scaaaaary!" What do you say?????
And finally.... Weston loves to hide in my laundry hamper. He thinks it is the most fun game while I am getting ready. I open the chute and look in on him, which can get pretty time consuming! After about 10 minutes, I started telling him that I couldn't hear him when he would yell for me inside the hamper. "Mommy? I can't hear you Wes. Mommy? I can't hear you in there Wes!" Well, he started getting a little rambunctious in the hamper so I asked him to get out and play a different game. His answer "I can't hear you in here, Mommy". I walked into that one!
I love this kid!
Pics of Halley's 1st birthday party this weekend will be posted soon! Can't believe she is almost one! I can't wait until I have 2 little talkers to keep me on my toes!!!!!
3 comments:
So cute! Love the stories!
How adorable! I think you could write a book about the cutest things he says! Hope you are all doing well!
That is so cute! He sounds like such a sweet little boy :) I can't wait for Crockett to get to that stage... just not too quickly! You have some adorable kids. I can't wait to see pictures from the party!
Post a Comment