Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Conversations with a 2-year-old!


I absolutely LOVE the conversations that I have with Weston!  I wish that I could carry around a tape recorder so that I will never forget the cute things he says.  Since I created this blog as on online scrapbook that the kids can look back on someday, I thought I would make a serious effort to post some of our conversations.  Those of you that have kids might appreciate it, but otherwise, I'm sure it will be incredibly silly and boring for you!  Consider yourself warned!

And Chad, if you're reading, I REALLY would like a tape recorder for Valentine's Day!  :)  How's that for a subtle hint!



Last night, leaving Chicken Express (or Chicken House, as Wes calls it! - He also likes Spaghetti House, McDonalds House, Burger House, Pizza House, etc):

Weston:  Whoa..... it's dark out here.
Mom: Yep, it's night time, so it's dark outside.
Wes: When it's dark, you tan't pway in Coach's dirt (sandbox).
Mom: Nope, you can't.
Wes: Coach paint it!  Bwue, red, bwue, gween, bwue, yebbo, bwue, purple, bwue....
Mom: Yes, Coach is going to paint it all colors!  (I think he likes blue Coach!)
As we drive by Double Dave's...
Wes: Pizza House!  We ate dere (there) yesserday.  (it was actually last week, but it's all the same to him!)
Mom: We sure did.
Wes: We ate dere wif Uncle and Mana (Amanda).  Wes lives wif Uncle and Mana.
Before I could answer that one....
Wes: Whoa!  Dey are closing dat car wash!  Those boys closed it!  Don't want to go dere.  
Mom:  I know, you are scared of that car wash.  We won't go there.
Wes:  Dam-pa (Grandpa) only goes dere.  I go wif him sometimes....  Wet's call Dam-pa, Dam-ma (Grandpa, Grandma).  Wet's call dem on dat gray phone.  (his cell phone that he plays with)
Mom: We'll call them when we get home, okay.
Wes: Okay, on mommy's phone.  Make sure no strangers on dat phone.  (Learned the hard way - Weston had about a 2 minute conversation with a telemarketer while I was giving Halley a bath one day.  He heard the phone and answered it himself.  I had to tell him that he was talking to a stranger like the one that took Nemo away from his Daddy.  Probably not the best idea on my part.....)

Speaking of strangers, here's another conversation:
As we're driving:
Wes: Who was dat waving at Mommy?
Mom: I don't know, she was just saying thank you because I let her turn in front of us.
Wes: Mommy!  Don't wave to strangers!
Mom: It's okay baby.
Wes: No Mommy!  Those strangers take your junior mints.  They take Weston when he sweeping (sleeping).  Tell strangers to go away.
Mom:  Weston, Daddy and I won't let any strangers take you when you're sleeping!  We would never let that happen.
Wes: Dey still took my junior mints, those strangers.
(Actually Mommy took the junior mints, but I'm not telling him that!!!!!)

And if that weren't boring enough for those of you reading, here's another....

As we're leaving Grandma's house:
Wes:  Bye-bye Dam-ma!  Call if you need anyfing.  Call if you need anyfing, on dat gray phone.  Call me Dam-ma.  See you tomorrow (which sounds more like to-my-o).  Call if you need anyfing.  Call me later Dam-ma.

Can you tell what Mom and I say to each other when we leave????



I love this age!  It is so fun to see how his little mind works, and as you can tell he NEVER stops talking!  It is a blast!  And to think, at his 2nd birthday he wasn't saying hardly anything at all.  It's unbelievable how much has changed in 6 months!

Love you Weston!

5 comments:

Monica Curry said...

So cute. I love reading the conversations. As much as I LOVE the 6 month stage I am excited for the "talking" stage too...I guess you just love whatever stage you are in. he is precious. Just precious.

Denae said...

I loved those!!!! So cute! I can't wait for Will to start talking.

Jessica and Chris said...

What a sweet guy! He definately listens to everything his mommy says :) I am so excited to have those conversations with Crockett! And I second that about the tape recorder!

Donnie and Lenzi Hart said...

Adorable! It is so funny and sweet how their minds work at two and beyond. I think I need to post a conversation Makenzi and I had the other day, too!

Emily said...

I absolutely love conversations with a 2-year old. You never know what they are going to say. How precious! I turn off the radio and just talk with Annabelle all the time. They just crack you up!