Thursday, May 7, 2009

How you know you eat out too much!

Earlier this week, I had picked up both kids and was heading home. I asked Weston what he wanted for dinner.

Weston: How 'bout Buelo's (we are sitting at the light at 82nd & Quaker)
Me: No, you have to go in, to eat at Abuelos
Weston: Why don't dey have a driveway (drive thru)? Why don't Buelo's and Callister's (McAllister's) have driveways?
Me: Because you have to go in and sit down to eat there.
Weston: Why did dey build 'em dat way? Rosa's has a driveway, Taco Villa has a driveway..... and the list went on and on! I couldn't believe how many restaurants he knew!

We ended up settling on Rosa's, only to get there and find a line for the drive thru out to 82nd street.

Weston: Dat's okay mom, you can go to Taco Bell. It's right dere.

Sheesh, we eat too much fast food.


For some reason we have lots of conversations about pipes??? When we drain the bathtub, Wes wants to know where the water goes, so I told him down the drain.

Wes: Where does it go then?
Me: It goes into a pipe.
Wes: Where is the pipe?
Me: Under our house.
Wes: Where does the pipe go to?
Me: I don't know, maybe a lake? (I know that's not true, but I hate that he can stump me!)
Wes: What lake?
Me: I don't know.
Wes: It goes to the ocean.
Me: Sure, that sounds good.

Today at lunch:
Wes: This food goes to my tummy. Down a pipe, to my tummy! What does my tummy do?
Me: Your tummy is where the food goes so you'll be big and strong.
Wes: How does it work?
Me: It digests the food so your body can take it and make you grow.
Wes: Looks at me for a minute.... Does it have pipes?
Me: No, not really.
Wes: It kind of has pipes? (as if to say, what kind of an answer is "not really"?)
Me: You will learn all of that when you go to school!
Wes: When do I go to "chool"?


Really? Are we already to the million question stage? What do I do when I honestly have no idea what the answer to his question is? I can't lie to him. He remembers everything I have ever told him! He can quote me months afterwards! I know, I know! It's just the beginning! I guess I am glad that he is so inquisitive! He's my smartie!

2 comments:

Emily said...

That is HILARIOUS!!!! Weston...you must like Mexican food like your mommy too! Love it!

Donnie and Lenzi Hart said...

Geeze, mom, how come you don't know this stuff?! Ha! Sydni asked me the same thing about the water. I had no clue after the pipes. I like Weston's answer: the ocean! Very logical! As for the fast food, we have the same problem...they know waayyyy too much about fast food, thanks to my unwillingness to cook!