Friday, October 2, 2009

Before and After

We are beginning to see the fruits of our labor! I can't tell you how many hours we have put into this house. When we bought the house, the updating seemed innocent enough (or maybe we were just naive). We walked through the house making a mental list of the changes we would like to make: paint EVERY room, change out door knobs, replace drawer pulls, change light fixtures, new ceiling fans, put down a new kitchen floor, new counter tops, etc. Little did we know how big of a project we were diving into.

In all honesty, it probably wouldn't have been too bad if we both had normal 8 to 5 jobs. Ha! With me working until 6:30ish each night, and Chad working 7 days a week, it really threw a wrench in our plans. I am so thankful for my parents who helped us to tackle each and every project on our list. I didn't have to ask, they would show up to the house ready to work. I can't tell you how many times I was almost in tears, ready to give up on it, and Dad would show up with his "work clothes" on. I can never express how much it meant to me. I know they had other things they would have rather been doing (i.e. they worked at my house on their anniversary!), but they sacrificed their plans to help us. I hope that I am that kind of a parent to Weston and Halley. Thank you Mom and Dad. I love you so much.

Okay, sentimental stuff aside... here are the before and after pictures!!!!

We still have a few things that aren't finished, but hey, it's only been 3 months. I will eventually post pictures of the dining room, but we are still working on the chair rail molding and getting rid of the wallpaper border. :)

Entry way before....really okay, except for the teeny tiny light fixture that you can't see.

And after...

Don't have a before of this wall, but thought it turned out pretty.

Living room before. Love the windows, but the room is bland.

After. Warmer paint makes a huge difference!

Another view.

Before.

After. Love my new fan and the mantle decorations.

Kitchen before....again monotone.

After. Paint, wood floors, granite tile...much better!

Breakfast nook before...

After.

Powder Bath before... yuck.

After! YEA! Leopard!!!

Office nook before.

After. We still plan to paint this room.

Master bedroom before... Chad in the midst of painting.

After!

The flash on my camera makes the gold walls look really yellow. In person they are much darker. :)

Master bath before...

A little cozier after...

Master bath again....

and after....

Weston's room before. Obviously, we can't have flowers in his room!

After...

Another view...

Looking towards his bathroom before...

and after...

Weston's bathroom before... he hated the flowers as much as we did.

Above his light... enough with the flowers!

Now, they are gone! That's more like it!

Weston and Halley's shared bath before....

After. No more flowers...

Halley's bathroom before...

And after... pink with a feather boa trim!

Halley's room. Didn't get a before pic.

Utility room before. I love having storage in here!

After. Now, I don't mind doing laundry!

6 comments:

Monica Curry said...

can you come decorate my house please! WOW! Your house looks amazing. all the hard work definitely paid off. beautiful home!

Hill Country Happenings said...

beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!!! so exciting!

Lindsey Jones said...

You've done a lot since we were there! Looks awesome! We couldn't get over how nice it is.

Davis Family said...

Hey Heather! I just came across your blog...your house looks awesome, especially love your kids rooms & bthrooms!

Donnie and Lenzi Hart said...

So beautiful! I know who I'm calling when we redecorate! You could totally do that for a living, Heather! So much hard work, but it really paid off...AWESOME!

The Simdons said...

So georgous, Heather!! You have done a great job!