Sunday, September 13, 2009

Trip to DFW

This July we took a quick trip to DFW with Weston.  It was the first time since Halley was born that we were able to focus 100% on our little man, which is a pretty BIG deal.  He loved it just as much as we did.  We thought about canceling the trip.  When we planned it, we had no idea that we would soon be purchasing a house and trying to move in!  We are SO glad that we didn't cancel!  It was a trip that was all-about-Weston!!  What a great vacation!!  We can't wait until Halley can join us!!!!

Weston eating at Joe T's for the first time!  Yum!  He ordered the queso himself!!!  Seriously!

He was willing to pose for pictures while we were on the patio....
However, it took him a few tries to give me a "real" smile!

Take One...

Take Two...

Take Three...

And finally, there's a good one!

Telling me that he is two!  Mainly so that I would remember when we look back at the pictures!

Sitting outside the new Cowboy Stadium.  It is HUGE!

Finally....at SIX FLAGS!



First ride, the teacups.  We weren't sure how he would do, considering that Chad can hardly stand to watch rides that spin.  Weston did great!

Wes and Mommy on a pretty good sized rollercoaster.  I would have never suggested that he ride it, but he wanted to!  He wasn't quite tall enough, but they let us on anyways.

Giving Dad the thumbs up!  He is ready... Mommy is nervous (he's not tall enough, will he fly out??)

On the first drop!  He loved it! He loved the whole ride, and didn't want it to end!

Now, onto the swings...

and the airplanes....

and his favorite part.. the sprinklers!!!!!! Of course it was about 107 degrees at 10:00 in the morning!

Strutting like he owns the park!

Little boys can't resist climbing!

Dad and Wes on the train...we needed a break!

Mom and Wes on the train!

Weston downing a water... did I mention it was hot?

We had to take a break mid-day and go somewhere with AC!  So, we met up with Brian at Baskin Robbins.  Brian was in town for work at the same time we were there... perfect!

And back to the park...

Weston peeking over the fence like the big kids.

He couldn't reach the pedals in the bumper car, so he just sat there like this!

Of course, he wanted to ride the rollercoaster over and over again.  I let him until I officially had a huge bruise on my back!  I never braced myself because I was holding him.  I got beat up!!!  It was so worth it.


And, back to the sprinklers...we need one of these in the backyard!

Loved Six Flags, but the food was awful! Wes and I decided we would rather have a milkshake for dinner instead.  

He was so excited for the Glow in the Dark Parade!!

I love this guy!

He wanted to ride one more ride before the parade.  Rides are more fun in the dark, you know!

The next day, Wes got to see his first Major League game.  Go Rangers!

In awe of the stadium!

Mom, look at that field!!!!!

Hanging out with Dad.

It was a good game, and Weston saw Josh Hamilton hit a home run!!!

Fireworks after the game... his serious face.

Snuggling with Mom a little too...


It was a great trip!  We were so glad to be able to focus on our little man for a weekend.  We love you Weston!!!

No comments: